Wow it's been a long time. SO much has happened since I last posted. And I have tried to post new posts here and there and haven't finished them! Here is a QUICK low-down...
-I actually ended up losing 19lbs, but have now gained back 1-2 as I have not been working out for a while!
-Soccer season is done and over with. The boys had fun and so did we!
-Sport Stacking Championships were great. Miles broke 2 World Records again and took first place in all three again... he scratched the Cycle again though, so no WR there. GRRR. Maxx got 4th place in both the 3-3-3 and Cycle. He actually broke the COLORADO 3-3-3 record! We met a family with two boys the boys' ages and said maybe next year we'd team the four of them up for a relay team. They were from NJ. No word from them yet.
-School is out! Miles goes to Kindergarten in a few weeks!! Maxx tested at almost a 6th grade level in MATH and they will be placing him in the "gifted program" in the Fall. ;)
-The boys have been taking swimming lessons and LOVE it. All three of them are naturals! We joined a great club called Villa Sport. It's pricey and I definitely get a lot of "ohhh, you go there?" kinda responses because there seems to be a "snooty" stereotype about people who go there. I understand because I definitely see my fair share of snooty, "keeping up with the Jones'" types there, but oh well, people who actually KNOW me know that I am not really that way. We just happen to be in a lucky time of life right now and are enjoying life. ;) Anyways, its been great being members there because they have an awesome outdoor pool, the great swimming lessons, a spa and a fantastic kids daycare and much more!
-Max's dad finally came for a visit! After over EIGHT YEARS! It was a really great visit and we ALL had a good time. He came alone, he was very independent and cleaned up after himself. Even helped with the kids a LITTLE. He was quite overwhelmed by them... as everyone is! But the boys LOVED him. And he plans on coming 1-2 times a year from now on. I hope he actually does!
-My best friend Amber is moving to CA. I am SO tired of having friends move away. I have joked many times about how I don't want to be make anymore military friends LOL, but I am half serious! I am pretty upset, but also happy for her. This is good for her husband's career and of course just a fact of life. But I have been distant from most of my other friends (maybe even lost one in particular completely?) and I have been feeling very lonely. Thank god for the very best friend I have in my husband... I will talk more about him in a bit...
-Now for the yucky stuff. My mom has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. (small cell carcinoma) It's been TWO MONTHS and they STILL have not staged it or even finished with testing. I can see part of this being her fault because of how she is, but still! If it is staged as "late disease" she will likely have less than a year to live. WTF?! We're wasting time here! AND she's come down with alopecia... where you lose all of your hair for no explained reason. Usually it's caused by stress. I am sure her body is under HUGE stress trying to fight the cancer spreading through her body. - Anyways, although not very surprising, it'e been super tough. It's bringing up all kinds of crap that I would've rather left burried away. I often feel that I am somewhat "normal" because I repress the crap from my childhood. And now here I am swimming in it again. She is supposed to come today (it's been delayed a FEW TIMES BTW, nothing unusual coming from her) and I am going to take her to a wig place in town that a good friend of hers recommended and buy her 1-2 wigs. She was supposed to leave around 8am. Be here around 10-10:30am. No word from her by 9:45am so I call her and of course she is JUST leaving. How fucking inconsiderate can you be? I am going to drop a couple hundred dollars on you, out of the goodness of my heart, and you can't be bothered to leave relatively on time??! I mean I WANT to do this for her, but she always makes it so difficult! She can make it to WORK on time (at least I think!) but she can't for this? Or ANY time she meets us? UGH. Anyways I don't want to go off too much, but wow am I swimming in a sea of mixed emotions. I am a mess right now! But...
-Max is, and HAS BEEN, such a supportive, loving, caring, understanding, indescribable husband to me! I KNOW I couldn't do all of this without him. I am SO incredibly lucky to have him and I try not to take him for granted. I could NOT be happier with him than I am right now... well maybe. It seems over the years that our love and happiness and understanding of eachother just grows and grows to new hieghts.
That's it for now. I am going to publish this before I get distracted again. There is SO much more I could open up about and also so many cute, funny and interesting stories I can talk about because SO much has happened in the last few months, but this will have to do for now!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment