So I like to say that Miles is "a freak of nature" with his natural athleticism. It is really fun to see him be so successful, but I am learning that it comes at a small price. When you are in the spotlight, when you're doing exceptionally well, you are more disliked or hated than if you are an average Joe. Max moved Miles' team up a year for Miles, and Miles is ROCKING it and still playing circles around the older kids. Therefore the other teams/coaches watch him like a hawk. Then the players get frustrated and get rough with Miles because he cripples their efforts over and over. You can't blame them, they're all just kids, right?
So yesterday the unimaginable happened. Miles definitely has a temper and is sensitive to the other kids seeming to constantly rough him up on the field. We've been working with him on it. Even pulled him out of the game a few times yesterday to have him calm down, even though we had NO subs and were a man down when we did. He did really well on the field and didn't do anything wrong, despite his being upset a few times. Well, when the end of game whistle was blown, he went and pretty much tackled the player from the other team who gave him (and his teammates) the roughest time. BAD! BUT, as he was running away, the other team's coach chased him down and grabbed him and was screaming at him! Miles was screaming like a lion's prey and literally defecated himself he was so afraid! Max and I rushed the field and Max had to PRY him off of Miles - before I got there, if he hadn't I would've tackled the guy LOL. Then we had a nice little yelling match, where OF COURSE we admitted that what Miles did was NOT okay, but that no adult should EVER attack a child like that! It is all a blur to me because I was in a RAGE. I had to go sit down and collect myself, I had a hard time breathing and was trying not to cry. I then started frantically looking for Patty, the director of Pride Soccer. When I found her, I sprinted across the fields to tell her what happened, in hopes to get this other coach into trouble. She talked to him, and Max did too and the man just apologized profusely, to MAX and Patti, but NOT Miles! HOW are you to teach the kids that physical roughness is not okay when you as an adult, ATTACKS a five year old kid? HOW do you expect MORE from him, than you do from yourself?! The thing is, Miles got under his skin, even before Miles tackled the kid. If ANY other kid from our team misbehaved like that, this coach would not have chased them down and grabbed them like that.
So, I am learning about what it's like to be successful. To be a winner. No one in my family, nor myself, has ever been in the spotlight before because of success. We were/are just Average Joes. Everybody loves and Average Joe. But when you are successful, you are envied, disliked and sometimes hated. Miles is a phenomenal sport stacker and soccer player! And Maxx and Mason are successful, happy boys too. So I better get used to this. I have always been a people pleaser, but we all know that you can't please everyone and be liked by everyone. ME and MY FAMILY come first and if people out there cannot be happy for our success, then they can go screw themselves. Then you are not a true friend and we have bigger and better things to move on to. YAY for our Family!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment